It is already known that Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini (www.rmponweb.org) is dedicated to the cause of training and capacity building of elected representatives since 1982. RMP’s training workshops and Capacity building initiatives at the Gram Panchayat level have helped to strengthen Panchayati Raj Institutions towards their roles and responsibilities.
In the year 2016 RMP conducted Orientation Workshops for Voluntary Organizations in Delhi and Guwahati in association with CAPART, Ministry of Rural Development and Gandhi Smriti Darshan Samiti. These workshops were organized to increase participation of voluntary organizations in various initiatives of Ministry of Rural Development, Ministry of Panchayati Raj and Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation.
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING WITH NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT
In the month of July 2017 RMP signed a Memorandum of Understanding with National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Ministry of Panchayati Raj for “Transforming India through Strengthening Panchayati Raj Institutions by “Continuous Training and e-enablement”.
- Adopt a group of Panchayats / a district/area to implement the activities envisaged in this Memorandum of Understanding and other social development/hand holding activities.
- Extend their field work of the faculty/students to the areas of strengthening the functioning of PR institutions in their area of influence/ adopted cluster of Panchayats.
- Extend support aiding in evolving Gram Panchayat Development Plan, helping providing technical solutions/ extension of technologies for rural development in collaboration with their other technical departments.
- Aid in curriculum development related to the training, certification programs for PRI functionaries.
- Provide Master trainers/Resource persons for certification of trainers
- Take up IEC activities for enrolling as resource persons for the capacity building and training of PRI functionaries.
- Capacity Building/training to the Elected representatives/Functionaries of PRIs and conduct contact classes for the participants of the Certificate/Diploma program on Panchayat Administration as and when required.
- Taking up case studies, documenting success stories of Panchayats.
- Join hands with Nodal Institution or any other designated agency by the Nodal Institution in taking up any other activities from time to time.