Netritva Sadhana (NS) was born out of an acute need of a formal training course or a programme for young professional or individuals considering either a full fledged career or an active volunteership or association with some social or political organization. Till now except NS there exists no such formal training program to systematically or structurally introduce youngsters to the world of social work or activism or politics.
Netritva Sadhana, the certificate course in Socio-Political leadership offered by Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini is an integrated five-day residential course. It attempts to harness the leadership skills amongst young professionals and students aspiring to prove their excellence in social or political world. The Unique Selling Proposition (USP) of this programme lies in its twin strength areas. Its well thought out and thoroughly researched and applied curriculum as well as presence of notable experts, functional practitioners and leading social and political leaders as resource persons to deliver various sessions.
The advent of technology has empowered and given voice to youth and thus the youth of today is actively getting himself heard in all socio-political matters. It is with this realization that Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini (RMP) under the leadership of Dr. Vinay Sahasrabuddhe launched ‘Netritva Sadhana’ to nurture & train leaders for tomorrow.
Since 2012, every year RMP selects 30 youngsters and offer them Netritva Sadhana (NS) training to prepare them for the next league of leadership in their chosen social or political field. RMP has been fortunate to have senior leaders to participate in the program and personally give training and leadership lessons to the trainees. Few of the participating leaders at Netritva Sadhana (NS) include Sh. Ram Naik, Smt. Smriti Irani, Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman, Sh. Prakash Javadekar, Sh. Rakesh Sinha, Smt. Meenakshi Lekhi among others.
After getting a historic mandate from the people of India and ushering the country back on the path of Global leadership, Sh. Narendra Modi, Hon’ble Prime Minister, has envisioned inspiring and awakening the youth and making them an active part of this glorious journey. It is with this inspiration RMP has decided to spread its wings and reach out nationally to nurture & train young leaders through ‘Netritva Sadhana’.
“My Faith is in the Younger Generation, the Modern Generation, out of them will come my workers. They will work out the whole problem, like Lions.”
– Swami Vivekananda.
Need for Netritva Sadhna
Netritva Sadhana was born out of an acute need of a formal training course or a programme for young professional or individuals considering either a full fledged career or an active volunteership or association with some social or political organization. Till now except NS there exists no such formal training program to systematically or structurally introduce youngsters to the world of social work or activism or politics.
Netritva Sadhana, A Certificate Course: Unique Concept
Netritva Sadhana (NS), a certificate course in Socio-Political Leadership offered by Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini is a unique five-day residential course which attempts to bring out the leadership skills amongst young professionals and students aspiring to prove their excellence in social or political world. These skills are harnessed through the academically proven and practice oriented course modules delivered by prominent political leaders, social activists, bureaucrats, intellectuals or academician.
Swami Vivekananda, the legendary hindu monk and also an idol of our Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, had great faith in the youth of this nation. He had once said “My faith is in the younger generation, the modern generation, out of them will come my workers. They will work out the whole problem, like lions.” Sharing this belief, ‘Netritva Sadhana’ is a journey to produce enlightened citizenry.
Objectives of Netritva Sadhana :-
- To ignite the leadership skills in the youth of the nation
- To aspire youth to contribute towards the political activities & social upliftment
- To create a pool of talent for nation building
- To motivate the professionals to contribute through their skills
- To evolve socio-political leadership through constant grooming
- To exposure to practical circumstantial challenges
- To exposure towards social and political activism
Course syllabus comprises of the following modules
- Leadership : Lessons from our history
- Leadership : Image & perception management
- Introduction to the constitution of India
- Interpersonal relations in public life
- Power talk : How to be an impressive communicator
- Introduction to contemporary international politics
- Politics of development : Role of Govt, NGOs & Citizens
- Challenges of Internal Security
- Art & science of election management
- Challenges of External Security
- Ek Bharat Shresth Bharat
- Political activism – Basic legal tools (RTI etc)
- Key Social Challenges : poverty, Gender & Inequality
- Media Management & use of ICT
- Mock Parliament
- Evaluation test for certification